Maple Leaf Millworks
Maple Leaf warranties its products against manufacturing defects for a period of one year for unfinished doors and two years for prefinished doors from date of shipment to the retailer. It is the responsibility fo the customer, contractor, installer and finisher to follow these requirements.
Maple leaf Door Panel Unfinished Orders:
Before Handling, cutting, hanging unit or installing Maple Leaf Millworks Doors:
1. Check doors for warping, defective glass, manufacturing defects and freight damage.
2. Also check our pre-hang warranty attached to each Pre-hung prior to installation.
3. Check your local building codes and regulations.
4. Doors must be fully sealed on all six sides within 24 hours of hanging.
5. Stained doors must have at least two finish coats in order to properly protect the door.
Maple Leaf Prehung Prefinished Orders (2 year warranty on the Prefinishing):
6. All doors must have adequate protection against direct sunlight, rain, wind, abnormal heat and sudden change in temperature. Overhang must be located right above the door. The minimum standard requirement for a 6'8" door is 5'0" of overhead projected out to the front and to each side of the door and for an 8'0" door it is a 6'0" of overhang out to the front and to each side of the door.
7. Do not expose stained doors or dark painted color doors to direct sunlight in order to avoid cracking and warping.
8. For doors with southern and southwestern exposure you must have additional overhang, in order to protect the door against direct sunlight (double the standard requirements) shown on item 6.
9. If a storm door in installed in front of our wood door, the door will not be covered under warranty.
10. Do not expose doors to stucco or water work or install them during ongoing construction.
11. Slight movement of floating panels up to 1/4" and color variations are natural to wooden doors and not considered a defect. Surface cracks that are less then 1/16" in width and less than 3" in length are not considered a defect. Knotty Alder surface checks that are less than 1/8" in width and/or 5" in length are not considered a defect.
12. The discoloration or rusting of decorative metal accent options (Grills, Clavos, etc.) are not considered a defect.
13. Door warping exceeding 1/4" on doors up to 6'8" high and warping exceeding 3/8" on doors up to 8'0" high, will be considered a defective door panel.
Maple Leaf Millworks Warranty:
In case of a defective door, it is Maple Leaf Millworks option to:
A. Repair the door or B. Replace the door
Maple Leaf Millworks will not assume responsibility or cost for re-hanging or reinstallation of the door system.
ATTENTION: All of the above conditions must be met to validate your warranty. When all warranty rquirements and conditions above mentioned are met, Maple Leaf Millworks will replace the door for warping exceeding 1/4" on doors up to 6'8" high and warping exceeding 3/8" on doors up to 8'0" high.